As an adult are you a member of the "Sandwich Generation" - balancing work, children, family and now elder care? Are you caught in the middle of your family's needs, responsibilities for your parents, and the time to do it all? Are you concerned because you are at a distance or do not know which way to turn? It can be overwhelming, frustrating and most of all stressful.
One solution is to hire a Geriatric Care Manager. A GCM is a licensed social worker who specializes in assisting older people and their families facing elder care concerns and decisions. They help older adults to maintain their independence at home and can ease the transition to a new setting, if needed. Fees are based on a private pay, hourly fee for services.
Our services consist of the following:
- Conduct care planning and assessments to identify and coordinate community resources and services.
- Screen, arrange and monitor in-home help or other services
- Visit weekly and regular phone calls
- Offer counseling and support for caregivers and family members
- Assist in arranging legal, financial and medical services
- Provide consumer education and advocacy
- Act as liaison to families at a distance
- Review financial, legal or medical issues and offer referrals to geriatric specialists
- Help with information or move to residential, assisted living or nursing home communities
- Maintain the older adult at a maximum level of independence.